Waste into Gold
- "A new financially viable and environmentally friendly way to recover and recycle gold from electronic waste has been outlined by scientists. With lower toxicity, cheaper cost and quicker extraction, the team has discovered an approach that could revolutionize the industry.."
- January 28, 2016
Researchers Discover Solution
to Extract Gold from Electronic Waste
- "The team from U of S have invented a technique, mixing acetic acid with very small amounts of another acid and an oxidant. This solution extracts gold efficiently, and without the environmental issues of current practices in the industry. "
- January 29, 2016
Saskatoon scientists pulling gold out of e-waste
- "Inside phones, computers, tablets and other electronics there is a little bit of gold in the circuit board, and a University of Saskatchewan chemistry professor has found a way to easily get it out."
- January 29, 2016
Sustainable technique recovers gold from e-waste cheaply
- "... In this technique, the gold extraction is done under very mild conditions while the solution dissolves gold with the fastest rate ever recorded. "Gold is stripped out from circuits in about 10 seconds leaving the other metals intact" Foley said."
- February 3, 2016
The Green Way
to Extract Gold
- "Rather than simply refining the outdated harmful processes of gold extraction in mining, the Saskatchewan team of chemists set out to create an entirely new, environmentally friendly-yet still economically feasible-system.."
- August 2016
MINING & ENERGY
U of S researchers honoured for ground-breaking inventions
- "Four University of Saskatchewan (U of S) researchers were honoured with the 2017 Award of Innovation at the 2017 SABEX Awards on Feb. 9 at Prairieland Park for innovations that will improve human health and the environment."
- February 10, 2017
UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN